Welcome to the Epping United Reformed Church website.
Sunday Worship at 11am
Our services are led by our minister, the Rev. Cecil White or a minister/preacher from the local area (Herts and Essex Border Ecumenical Area). The service is usually made up of hymns and songs, prayers, Bible readings, an all age talk and a sermon. Our services also include junior church and are followed by refreshments. We celebrate Communion every month and everyone is welcome to recieve Communion.
- Sunday 19th December, 11am: Christingle, Nativity & Carol Service
- Saturday 25th December, 10am: Christmas Morning Worship
- Sunday 26th December: No Service
The United Reformed Church
Who is the United Reformed Church? We are a family of Christians, worshipping in the name of Jesus in about 1500 local churches from Orkney to Cornwall.
- ‘Reformed’ means that we delight in the Bible, we do not fear change, and we try to run our churches in ways that take everyone’s insight and contribution seriously.
- ‘United’ is an important part of our story. We started when English Presbyterians merged with English and Welsh Congregationalists in 1972. Churches of Christ joined in 1981 and Scottish Congregationalists in 2000. We still work as closely as we can with Christians of all traditions and styles.
- And we are one ‘Church’. We aim to grow through supporting one another and taking decisions together.
All our tasks and posts are open to women as fully as to men. We are an intercultural church, where people with varied ethnic roots enrich each other’s Christian living. Our people hold a range of opinions about theology and church life. In the words of the denominations Statement of Nature, Faith and Order (1990) together we are firmly committed to ‘God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The living God, the only God, ever to be praised.’
Find out more, by exploring the URC website, or (even better) by coming to meet us and worshipping with us.